Third time’s the charm, they say. I have previously participated in the Liebster Award program. I’m not sure I did it correctly as I did not hear back from anyone I nominated. This time I shall try to do it correctly.
Thank you so much Sgeoil and elisgraci of Simply G for nominating me for this award. It is especially important to get to know the people we are conversing with and this is a great way to do it. It is a bit of work, but well worth it. Visit Simply G by clicking on the link above to read interesting posts about gardening, photography, food and poetry. Check out Sgeoil by clicking their link above to read some amazing short stories in the form of poetry.
- It is very difficult to pick a favourite blog to post about here as I have many favourites already. The one I click on most often and follow is probably
- “Insomnia Girl,” because I quite often have insomnia and silly, random thoughts race through my head. She puts it all down in writing for us to enjoy. I can relate, I laugh, sometimes I’m puzzled but most of all it makes me wonder why we have such silly thoughts before we drift off in to la la land, if we ever do.
Ten random facts about me that I haven’t said before, hmmm…
- I’m a junk food junkie,
- I am a do it yourselfer
- I have lived with anxiety all my life
- I dislike politics
- I love to learn about gardening, but don’t do it myself very much
- I love to reminisce over family photos
- I dislike being judged
- I’m a control freak
- I love children
- I love music
- I love to love
Now to answer questions from the two bloggers who nominated me. I will combine them so that people don’t get too bored reading about me.
- I love short segments at a time about the writers themselves. Their struggles and achievements
- Funny, I don’t read a lot of books because of my adhd (self-assessed) so right now my favourite author is on wordpress. The Bi-polar Writer, James Edgar Sky
- Trixie Beldon Mystery books were my favourite as a child and Hardy Boy Mysteries.
- I’m not a traveller, so if I could go anywhere, it would be to see my family as I don’t get home too often
- I have a small desk in the corner of the living where I write. Kitty Kat sits there with me, sometimes helping me with words as he jumps across the laptop.
- My favourite positive saying is, “Hold on to what is good, even if it’s a handful of earth. “Hopi Prayer”
- The stories I write about my husband are my favourite. I like to brag about him on here because he doesn’t let me brag about him amongst friends
- I don’t have a favourite holiday. Every day should be regarded as Thanksgiving. We should always be grateful for what we have, even though it is hard sometimes.
- Advice to new writers would be…Be honest in what you are writing about. You might think no one wants to read, or hear what you have to say but they do. Your readers will eventually find you. Believe in yourself.
Now it is time for me to nominate other new bloggers that I enjoy. Sometimes I type in blogging fundamentals in the reader or discover tab and find amazing new bloggers with interesting stories just waiting to be heard.
I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Becoming Allie
Hello nominees! I have some questions for you to answer so we can all get to know you a little better. Your instructions to keep the Liebster Award Nominations going are outlined below your questions.
- Why did you start blogging or writing?
- Have you always liked to write or is it something new?
- What other talents do you have?
- Do you like to travel?
- If so, where is your favourite place, if not, where is your favourite place at home?
- Do you consider yourself a confident person, or do you think you need work in that department?
- What is your favourite thing to do?
- Do you own a pet?
- If so, what do you own? If not, why not?
- What is your favourite holiday?
- Who or what do you look to for inspiration?
Thank you in advance for taking part in this project. If you decide you don’t want to do it, that is okay too.
What is Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them and promote them as well. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2017 it is a little more involved!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.